You will need to RIDE each day with the following items. Please don't 'split' or 'share' kit with another member of the party. It is ESSENTIAL that you take these with you so that you are relatively self sufficient.
- Two innertubes
- Bike tool/Alien with a chain splitter
- 2ltr (minimum) bladder, 3ltr recommended.
- Spare brake pads
- Spare rear mech hanger
- Basic first aid kit
- Two energy bars or equivalent
Higher up in the hills it can be very cold at night, especially during the winter months. Even during the summer months, due to the heat of the day, evenings and night times can feel chilly. So this is what we recommend for evenings in the mountains.
- Base layer
- Good down jacket
- Warm hat
- Long trousers
- Thick socks
- Trainers or other type of comfortable shoes
- Sleeping bag - A good one, rated to at least 0 degC (three season)
In addition to these basics I would also recommend:
- Head torch
- Adaptor if you bring any electrical equipment for charging batteries and/or your phone
We go straight from the airport to Imlil where the chances of getting toiletries is limited. It might seem daft to list recommended items, but it's easy to forget the most obvious!
- Tooth paste
- Shower gel
- Razor (if you shave!)
- Shaving foam
- Sanitiser Gel
- Toilet roll
- Contact lenses (if you wear them!)
Other than what is listed above, you will also need:
- Cycle clothing for the week (you can hand wash en-route)
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun cream
- Electrolytes (summertime)
- Power bars/energy food for on the bike
- Spares which are specific to your bike - Lefty fork?
Not essential but nice :)
- A good book
- Anything else you can't do without for the week!